Insomnia

Every bloody night, when I go to sleep, they come to haunt me. However, like a pervert spying on a hot, 20-something nymph through a telescope wishes, I just wish that they turn out to be ghosts. But the ever-mocking, power-crazy, eternally-scheming God never let me have it so easy.This mob I am talking about, like a swarm of locusts, consumes every last bit of sanity within me. I like to call them the 'Maghiya Mob'.

Every night, after having devoured a packet of Hide & Seek biscuits, when I proceed to sleep, they begin their quest. Just when you think, not today, I can sleep in comfort, and you have reached that vulnerable point, where you are at the crossroads of deep sleep and an hour of insomnia, they strike.

It starts with very low murmurs. You feel, its only two people passing by, I'm almost there, almost asleep. And then it starts. You feel overpowered and defenceless as they begin. They may seem like a normal bunch of boisterous college folk, but appearances can be misleading. Once they start, there's no hiding.... it hits you squarely in the face.

"Maghiya blah blah blah maghiya blah blah blah maghiya maghiya MAGHIYA MAGHIYA MAGHIYA..."

You can feel the sleep being drained out of you. You think,"No!, I can block this". And then, they stop.... Aaahhhhhhh....peace at last. Then, immediately, as if to mock you, they burst out laughing in a manner so vile, you lose all hope. It intensifies, they get serious, and you hear more maghiyas than blahs. Its at that point, that you are reduced to a mere zombie, waiting, and praying for benevolence. "Make them go" you say. And then, after reaching a crescendo, it stops.

But thats not the end of it. For, they work in shifts....

1 comment: